A common thing I hear from parents is how do I get my kid to eat more vegetables. I’ve been playing with kid Friendly Salad ideas to get my kids eat greek salad or cobb salad.
I discovered a way to get my kids to eat it and it’s to keep all the contents in separate bowls! I don’t know what it is about toddlers and foods touching but having things seperatly made them happy.
At dinner time I present all the items in the salad in separate bowls family style in the middle of the dinner table and let them pick something.
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Epicure greek salad dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Cut all the vegetables and put all the ingredients into individual bowls (eg. Cucumber into one bowl)
- Combine greek salad dressing, olive oil and vinegar into an Epicure cruet. Do not combine for kids
- put out all the ingredients and let the kids pick what they want to eat. Let them try the salad dressing and if they like it you can put in on their salad. Serve with another side.
I can’t promise your kids will eat it but putting everything not together and offering up salad to my kids this way seems to work for us!