We are going on day 110 or something crazy at this point and I wanted to document all the things I’ve been doing with my kids. Hopefully some of these tasks will keep your little ones busy for 5 minutes or more. 🙂
Note some of these links are affiliate links
50 Quarantine Activities for kids
- Get out of a deck cards and teach them Go fish or matching game Or reach them to be a card shark and hustler so when they grow up they can win games at casinos (kidding)
2. Get out the pillow covers and let them have a sack race Clear a path so they don’t fall down!
3.Blow bubbles in the backyard
4.Build a fort out of pillows. Or for advanced fun buy the crazy fort kit from Caribou gifts. I actually bought two of them and they have been making them into different shapes.
5. Facetime Grandma, Grandpa or a loved one
6. Read a book or several. Check out my list of books I’ve been reading to them.
7. Look outside for birds and document which ones you see
8. Do an inside scavenger hunt for kids. CBC Parents had one that they liked. They can run around looking for toothbrushes and garbage cans.
9. Make banana muffins – This gluten free Epicure one is a crowd favourite.
10. reak out the dice and let them roll a bunch and add up the numbers.
11.Write a letter or draw a picture and then mail it.
12. Get out a muffin pan, put in the sun with different objects (rock, chocolate, coin etc) and see what melts.
13. Take their stuffies and count them all and put them on the bed.
14. Pretend the floor is lava and put pillows on the floor and they have to stay on the pillows, couch, chairs etc.
15. Make Epicure Chocolate pudding – this one was super easy for kids to make.
16. Cosmic Kids Yoga -teach them some yoga moves
17. Get out the laundry baskets and let them to pretend to be a turtle
18.Plant something and teach them to water and check on it
19. Play with water balloons.
20. Break out your Halloween outfits and wear them around
21. Have a tea party
22.Play store and sell things around the house
23. Have your own road race. Block off an area and let them run and pretend they are in real race. Bonus points if you have a race medel you can give them. Or if you ar like me and you set it all up with shirts, and then the race medal br
24. Cut out and make masks in paper with different animals
25. Play with cardboard boxes. Make castles, choose your own adventures or have a pretend hamster, name him an make him a hamster house
26. Let them go through a cookbook with you (or the Epicure website under kids cooking) and pick out things they want to eat. Then they can help you create a grocery list.
27.Let them help you sort the colours and put thing into the laundry.
28. Start a wish jar and anytime they want to do something that you can’t because of the virus you put in into the jar. Warning these will make you cry.
29. Make and create your own pizzas. If you need a DIY Gluten-free pizza crust and kid sized pans I have a few in stock
30. Have them join you in your workout session
31. Break out the lego and Duplo and build things like towers, bridges
32. Create your own obstacle course using things in your house or outside.
33. Make chalk art using tape and chalk or grab a canvas and do the same thing with tape!
34. Teach them a different language!
35. Watch and move to go Noodle
36. Go on a nature walk or a walk in a new area
37. Break out the paper and crayons and get them to draw specific things. Like decorate your own mask, make a rainbow flag or draw your favourite thing to do.
38. Paint! Bonus if it’s messy and use different objects like pinecones
39. Put them to work and make them clean and dust around the house
40. Hide easter eggs around the house and make them search for it. Or if you don’t have eggs pick something else!
41. Teach them about mindfulness and meditate
42. Colour, paint and decorate rocks
43. DIY craft kits. I bought a few of Caribou gifts including making your own soap and lip balm. It required a lot of supervision but fun
44. Play with shadow puppets
45. Sing along to Music With Drew
46. Get out the masking tape and make your own obstacle course inside
47. Take some stuffies that are normally inside toys and go for a walk
48. Get out the sprinkler, hose and play outside with water
49.Make your own DIY Spa day with cucumber slices, face masks, cut their nails and have a bubble bath
50. Freeze tiny figures into ice and let them break it!
51. Break out the iPad, tv, and give yourself a big tasty drink. You are a rockstar for keeping kids alive and busy for that long!